This time I want to breakdown the lip makeup kit. As we know that so many lip products out there, but what are the differences and what is the function of each products. So, let’s get started.
• Lipstick. We all are know what the lipsticks are and what the lipsticks for. It is basically in the of stick/stem. The lipsticks usually have good pigmentation, some have moisturizer in the formula, and have various finish from sheen, shimmery, glossy, creamy, or matte and opaque.
• Liquid Lip Color or Long Wear Lipstick. Well, this products are the newest form of lip color whereas has a unique formula. It looks liquid or creamy at the beginning but can dry out fast enough and produces a matte finish. In addition, finally there is a liquid lip that has a matte PLUS shimmer finish. It is practically everything-proof, you can eat, drink, speak, swimming, bathing, kissing, and your lips still look perfect! The liquid lip color usually only can be cleaned properly if using oil-based makeup remover.
• Lipgloss. Lipgloss usually is the first cosmetics owned by a little girl (oh at least, this trend bombed to the 90s kid, admit it!). The lipgloss was only to give the glossy look or a little natural color of the lips. But now it also gives a touch of vibrant color.
• Lipstain. This product is quite trendy a few years ago because it has some uniqueness than other lip products. That is the formula that is usually very liquid, but can last for several hours. Unlike the liquid lip color, the color is stain like forever even after cleaning with oil-based makeup remover.
• Lipliner. This product is actually a matte lipstick that has shape like a pencil or pen. The function is to make the application of the lipstick easier by drawing the lip line or reaching out to the smallest/most detail part of the lip such as the corners of the lip. Lipliner can be used according to its function or applied as a replacement of the lipstick.